Skip to content

What is Stride Funding’s eligibility criteria?

Stride Funding's Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are a great alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans. With a Stride ISA, students never make a payment until after they have left their program and are earning a living wage. Thereafter, they pay a percentage of 60 payment months or until they have hit the defined payment cap.

​To be eligible for a Stride Income Share Agreement, you must fall into the following criteria:

You are attending a four-year Title IV college or university

You must be attending an accredited four-year college or university either as a full-time or half-time student.

​You are within two years of graduation

Your funding start date must be within 24 months of your expected graduation date. If graduation is more than 2 years away, don't worry, you can always come back and apply for a Stride ISA when you are closer to graduation!

​You are enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate program

We are not yet able to fund Associate’s degrees, but those are coming soon!

​You meet our outcomes-driven underwriting and credit requirements

Rather than require a specific FICO score, our key priority in underwriting your application is determining general affordability (or ability to pay) during periods of repayment. Our team also validates your individual creditworthiness based on specific factors associated with your consumer credit report. Overall, we have a host of proprietary factors that allow us to evaluate risk-adjusted outcomes based on the information you share and/or we obtain from third parties (credit bureaus, schools, etc.) to determine current eligibility for a Stride ISA.

​You reside or attend school in a state we serve

Currently, we provide Income Share Agreements for all states in the U.S. except Alabama, Colorado, Iowa, South Carolina, and Washington. If you reside or attend school in one of these states or are outside the US please refer to our partners page.

​You are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident attending a school in the US

Today, we only fund U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents attending U.S. colleges and universities. If you are an international student who does not fall into this category, please refer to our partner MPower Finance to see if they can support your education funding needs. 

​Your current GPA is more than 2.9

We’re betting on your success and joining you in this journey! To help align incentives, we require all students have at least a 2.9 GPA to ensure our shared commitment to strong outcomes.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at or call (214) 775-9960.